Thursday, February 16, 2012

Me Eat Cookie!

Hands down my favorite Sesame Street character was Cookie Monster, most likely because he reminds me so much of myself. So when Geoff's co-worker wanted a Cookie Monster cake I was more than happy to give it a try!
The cake making included a few disasters. First of all, the birthday boy has an egg allergy so it was my first attempt at an egg free cake. It went alright, but I had no way to judge if it tasted good...I'm not sure what egg free baked goods are supposed to taste like. Then my habit of multi-tasking got the best of me when I was on using FaceTime on my phone while cleaning up the kitchen after a night of baking and the cookie monster portion of the cake went right into a sink full of dish water.
It all worked out great. The Birthday Boy loved his cake. I re-did cookie monster using nothing other than a cookie. And most importantly, I had a blast going back to my childhood looking up sesame street pictures online...because after all, I bake because I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment