Saturday, April 7, 2012

I am the Lorax...I Speak for the Trees

Last month I went to see the Lorax with Geoff and his sisters. The one mistake we made was going to see it on opening night, we were the oldest people there that were not accompanied by someone under the age of 7. But we had a great time. It was my first 3D movie and I was impressed. The colors were fantastic and the story was of course an important one.

Anyway, what does that have to do with cakes? Well it was clear that Geoff and his sisters were big fans of the Lorax, and since I had left over batter from the rainbow cupcakes and Tierney was home from school on Spring Break I made her a Lorax Cake.


The cake was a two layer rainbow cake. The frosting was buttercream, and the Truffula Tree was made of a cake pop stick and Grandma Knoeck's method to make yarn pom-poms.

No comments:

Post a Comment