Saturday, April 7, 2012

Somewhere over the Rainbow

As I've said before I love to experiment with cakes and the kids I teach are usually my taste testers. If I've learned one thing about teenage children in the past 6 years it's that they say whatever is on their mind. So I know they will be more than honest.
Before they headed out on spring break last week I treated them with some colorful treats. I saw this idea on Pinterest (Shocking, I know) and had to try it. I was short on time so I just used a few boxed cake mixes and then split the batter into six bowls, coloring each one a color of the rainbow.




I then spooned each batter separately into the cups, layering as I went.

After they were done I completed the rainbow theme with buttercream clouds and some store bought sour candy rainbows.


No comments:

Post a Comment