Thursday, August 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Alex and MacKenzie!

If there is one thing I loved about having a birthday when I was a kid it was picking out what kind of birthday cake I wanted. It was a question my mom always asked my brother and I, "What kind of cake do you want this year?" Granted, Dairy Queen won out a lot, but you have to remember, I was a child of the 80's and the introduction of a cake made of ice cream was a pretty big deal. I think if my future children request a Dairy Queen cake some day I may fall over dead.

A friend from High School contacted me and asked if I could make a cake for her 4 year old son and 6 year old daughter's joint birthday party. I was honored and had a blast making the cake.


Alex requested a blue dragon peanut butter cake, he was very specific. While MacKenzie stole my heart asking for a pink princess cake made with chocolate cake, hint hint, Ariel was her favorite princess. I had a so much fun making the cakes, but the real fun came when I got to drop them off. I have made a lot of cakes for adults, but the excitement that poured out of these two kids was like nothing I'd seen before. It was my birthday when they were delivered and it was the best part of my day. Happy Birthday, Kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment